Friday, December 16, 2011

Chelsea Tavern Mural Finally Done!!!!!!

After Long off and on painting sessions, the Chelsea Tavern Mural is finally done!!!! Thanks to every one for the support, the 3EYES love and most importantly the patients! I painted this over the course of the elapsed (Fall of 2010 to Spring 2012) time to show the wall's evolution. I used many different paint and layering techniques to give the illusions of decay. I wanted to give the viewer of the finished piece to think it was old and worn naturally over the years. I am thinking this took around 60 hours to paint, but don't quote me on that!!!! Thanks and enjoy, GO!!! Wilmington! (Dimensions: 177 X 107)

821 North Market Street
Wilmington, DE 19801

www.chelseatavern.com











Final Session:


The Misspelling (Yes I fixed it!), White Washing and Polka Dots:





Progress First Sessions:


Pre-planing / 2010: